Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:29:34 -0400
I don't think there is anything I can do about this, but I thought I would
ask in case I'm too close to the problem.

We are running 1.8d on Solaris (we have to upgrade our machine before we
can install 1.8e).  Our List Owners are using the ATTACHMENT= list header.

Situation: We are getting loads of e-mail to various mailing lists, and
many have the same faked "From:" field.

The "From:" field turns out to be real and actually belongs to a company
and is an auto-responder and as you can imagine, we've had a mailing loop
that crashed the machine before I was able to SERVE OFF the address.

I've been talking to the owner of the company and he does NOT want to turn
off his auto-responder -- which is what I suggested he do temporarily.
What he does want, is to never get e-mail from us/Listserv again -- from
reading the documentation, I see no way to accomplish this, and as I type
this note to you all, Listserv continues to send his company e-mail for
each mail we receive for one of our mailing lists.  So, any
ideas/thoughts/options??

Thanks for thinking about this -- I'm stumped, but maybe I'm too close to
the problem and just missing something easy and obvious.  --Trish

------
Trish Forrest
Queen's Unviersity