Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 4 Jan 90 22:05:34 GMT
Release 1.6d is now being distributed to all the 1.6 sites; please refer to my
what has  been changed. This  release fixes, among  other things, most  of the
mailing loops that are going on with  JANET mailers, two more (CPU) loops, yet
another VM/XA  compatibility problem,  the annoying incorrect  complaint about
VERS9001, and a compatibility problem with LISTEARN.

Release 1.6d also  introduces the first "official"  (ie non-prototype) version
of the User  Directory Database; unfortunately, I still have  about 50% of the
documentation left to  be written, so I  am not going to  "advertise" this new
service for a while. The new manuals (LISTUDD and LISTUDDA) have been added to
the list of available  documents; when they are ready, I  will either PUT them
on all the 1.6d servers, or include them with the 1.6e code, depending on when
I manage to finish them.

  Eric