Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 May 1997 04:54:27 +0200
On Tue, 6 May 1997 00:28:56 +1100 Adam Thyer <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I've noticed  that some  providers will host  Majordomo lists  for about
>$100 per  year (which I could  afford), but I understand  that Majordomo
>does not  provide automated  handling of  bounced e-mail,  and resolving
>bounced messages has become a very time consuming task.

The main problem though is that $100/year is usually the rate for a small
list. Once you  explain that you have 10k subscribers  and that your list
is quickly growing  and could have anywhere between 30k  and 50k within a
year, competent ISPs will want a lot  more money and the others will sell
you the service for $100 but then find  out the hard way that it is below
their costs.  Your best bet  is an academic sponsor,  or a site  like AOL
that runs some mailing  lists for free. If this doesn't  work you can try
to find a corporate  site willing to sponsor your list  in exchange for a
banner in the issues.

  Eric