June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Mon, 23 May 88 08:18:08 PDT
REPLY TO 05/20/88 14:30 FROM [log in to unmask] "Revised LISTSERV forum":
Re: New list CONFER-L

>I am not an MVS person.  If MVS people want to tie-in, I would think
>a good MVS system programmer might take the challenge.  This is a first
>try, a beta version.  I cannot take into account all the varying cpu's
>in BITNET, Internet, etcNET.
>>
>>/June
>
>Mike Whitt.  [log in to unmask]
>VM Systems Programmer.
>Computing Center
>NC State Univ. (919) 737-2517

Mike, VM machines comprise less than half of the machines on the net
these days.  There are more VAXen than anyhing else but there are
also such things as LCLs and CDCs to contend with.  Any system which
depends on having VM code on your host will automatically cut off a
large portion of the net from participating.  /June

To:  [log in to unmask]