Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 16:48:37 CDT
On Mon, 30 Sep 1996 15:12:38 -0500 Christy Schaefer said:
> I have a question concerning the LISTSERV product. The Computing Services
> department at the University of Missouri - Rolla uses the L-Soft LISTSERV.
> We have recently run into a few problems/questions.
> We would like to automate some commands, however we can not find command
> line utilities which allow this. In particular we would like to make
> Adding or Removing List Owners a WWW application. However, the only way
> we know to add or remove a list owner at this point is to get the header,
> edit the header and put the header again. This is not a process that we
> can automate on the WWW.

IF you have a bunch of people acting as owners, you can do this nifty
trick:

1) setup another list for the listowners
2) set the 1st list to have:
   * owner= main person
   * owner= Quiet:
   * owner= (name-of-second-list)

Your web page can add/del  owners by Add/Del the person as a subscription
to the 2nd list!

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-8300 (work)
http://helper.tamu.edu/STAFF/cbarnes/

"The Wizard of VM"  - The Battalion, Sept. 12, 1996