Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:40:47 -0500
On 2/1/2007 11:28, A. Omer Koker wrote:
 > Thanks for the various ways of doing this.
 >
 > Ive tried some of this (will try the others) but I almost always end up
 > having Listserv send back an email (backscatter) of some sort saying 'your
 > not authorized'.  Given the level of junk mail I get plus the amount of
 > replies received to my backscatter creating loops just creates a lot of
 > useless work.
 >
 > However what im wondering a method exists to just delete any such messages
 > without a reply of any sort silently.
 >
 > (the /etc/alias script idea is good but still creates load on the machine.
 > If you add the junk mail im getting to those from other admins of other
 > lists im not sure it will be preferable? )

The easiest way to deal with this problem might be to modify the list templates
library to suppress the rejection (not authorized to post) message. The
technique for suppressing list-related server-generated messages is described
in the documentation and has been discussed on this list and/or the LSTOWN-L
list on several occasions.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team