Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 May 2002 07:54:13 -0400
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Bill Schipper wrote:

> But I wouldn't just quietly delete them.   Some @home.com addresses were
> taken over by other ISPs, but with the domain name intact, so that you
> could be deleting addresses that are still alive.   If I were you I'd
> pull a list of all the @home.com addresses, and send them all a brief
> message.   See how many come back undeliverable.   Those you can delete.

Why? Email to them will probably bounce anyway. Its not like the people
who manage the various portions of the @Home network didn't send their
customers prior notification of the shutdown. I was an @Home user and I
received at least half a dozen notifications about the shut down and the
need to change my email configuration. Some people just ignore such
things. My feeling is that they now have to deal with the consequences
or they can just continuing ignoring the issue, since some people probably
don't even care about receiving any Listserv mail any longer.