UB Listserv Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:03:52 -0500
> > Is it supposed to work this way under UNIX? Is there a way to make sure
> > that the maintainer's cannot post to lists without subscribing?
>
> If you have, say, Send=Editor or Send=<specific email addresses> for
> those lists, that should work.  Even Send=Private should exclude you
> if you're not a member of that list.

No, that's not correct. Unless I'm using some weird configuration no one
else does, being a listserv maintainer you can post to any list under any
Send= option without being a subscriber, I've done it many times.

-Jim

Jim Serwinowski
SUNY at Buffalo