Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Mon, 10 Nov 1986 23:39 SET
  The file server functions  of 1.5c are nearly up! Try  sending a GET LISTSERV
FILELIST to my server. The format is  compatible with the format of the Netserv
filelists so that users get more comfortable  with it and so that programs like
NETLIST can  be used for LISTSERV  with very little modifications  (namely just
the userid  of the VM to  send the commands to).  The way it works  is somewhat
different though, I'll explain tomorrow.

  You can try sending a GET command for all the files described in the filelist
and you can even try to PUT your $LISTSRV NAMES entry if you want. Actually, if
you have time I'd like you to do  it this afternoon (meaning US people :-) ) so
that I see  if it worked or  not and can fix  it tomorrow :-) I'd  like to have
1.5c shipped tomorrow if possible.

  The following things are not yet implemented:

1) The code that  validates the contents of  a filelist after a  PUT. Hence all
   the PUT codes have been set to N/A. A big piece of code... :-(

2) The code  that forwards the  PUT to the  "peer" servers for  the filelist...

3) The AFD/FUI stuff, which I don't know yet how I'll implement.

4) The GETND, GETDD etc synonyms for compat with Netserv

5) The removal of the corresponding bugs :-)

Have fun... :-) Good probing!

  Eric