Valdis Kletnieks <VALDIS@CLVM>
Sat, 3 Sep 88 10:00:11 EDT
Two questions:

1) Do you intend to support CMS 6 if listserv does NOT use the Shared File
System, which is an OPTIONAL component?

2) What if there IS no HPO 6?  I strongly beleive there won't be, based ont
the fact that they are slowly sliding HPO features into base SP.  Recently,
they snuck an SPE labeled NetView Enhancements in - that also contained the
'segment protect bit' code from HPO.  Also, I remember seeing an announcement
from IBM that seemed to say there won't be an HPO 6, there will be just SP/6
and XA SP/2, both running the same CMS, but different CP.  I wish I was at
the office, where all the relevant document numbers are.....

I think it would be a grave disservice to the network to not support SP/6
because there isn't an HPO or XA version, if there WON'T be an HPO version,
and the XA version is delayed (XA SP/1 is already in trouble, I hear tell
that SP/2 might be pushed back because of that).  I'd hate to have to tell
my management that we can't upgrade to SP/6 because IBM isn't planning an
HPO version, when we have aren't running HPO now....

                                 Valdis Kletnieks