GARY SAMEK <C133GES@UTARLVM1>
Thu, 13 Oct 88 10:46:05 CDT
Hello Listservers,
  I am setting up a filelist for a list owner of games-l.
My main concern is to offer files that we feel do not pose a threat to
this listserv, the university, the program owner or the general user.
What I would like to know is what policies do you filelist owners use to
add files to a listserv filelist.  What sort of scheme do you follow to verify
that a program works as published, and not in a destructive or behind the
screen manner.
  I am of the opinion that a games file server would be a primary target for
hackers and other destructive computer types, so I would like to set a fairly
strict policy on file donations and maintainance on these files.
  I would appreciate any thought or contributions, or even just sharing a
paranoid fantasy.  Please respond to me directly, if others are interested
in the response, drop me a line and I will send out a compilation of the
  By the way, I give listserv a thumbs up.

Gary Samek
  Bitnet  C133GES@UTARLVM1
  Telnet  C133GES@UTARLG
  Arpanet [log in to unmask]