Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:44:30 -0500
The University of Notre Dame has a published List Service Purpose and Policies
statement which defines the list owner's responsibilities and enumerates
permissible and impermissible actions. For example, the use of unconfirmed open
subscriptions is explicitly prohibitted, and a job runs every night to check all
lists for compliance with this policy. When we find a list that has been
configured to use unconfirmed open subscriptions, we change the list
configuration and notify the owner. To the best of my knowledge, we have never
had to change the same list twice.

Reference: http://listserv.nd.edu/policies.html

--
Paul Russell