James Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Aug 1994 11:54:10 CDT
On Wed, 10 Aug 1994 12:34:23 EDT you said:
>For example when you send a sub request to listserv, listserv sends a copy
>to the Owner saying that so and so requested subscription. And in order to
>facilitate the task you can forward the mail back replacing the X's with the
>list password.

This would be nice for "Subscription= Owner".  For open lists, I would rather
see a generic message being sent back informing the user that "You should
send your command (standard listserv commands) to [log in to unmask]  If
you need to contact the LISTNAME owner, send mail to [log in to unmask]".
You might send a copy to the list owner so that listname-request still hits a
person but the list owner wouldn't have to actually reply to it.  :-)

The above is just an opinion.  I have no problems with how its done now.

>Spiros Liolis

-- jf