Gary Sponseller <SPONSELL@AKRONVM>
Fri, 4 Mar 88 11:28:55 EST
>Recently  I  received  the  following announcement  on  a  multitude  of
>different lists:

The LISTSERV GROUPS file contains officially registered discussion lists.
It is available from NICSERVE @ BITNIC and LISTSERV @ BITNIC.

NOTE: You may AFD subscribe to this file with LISTSERV @ BITNIC:
      TELL LISTSERV AT BITNIC AFD ADD LISTSERV GROUPS PW=your_pw

I feel that the list moderator should register it there and those subscribed
to LISTSERV GROUPS will get the updated list via AFD overnight.
Announcing a new list to many lists is pretty poor consideration for others.
Announcing a new list to *no more than* 1-2 related lists seems more
appropriate.

Gary