Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:56:24 EST
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:34:46 -0500 you said:
>Why is this?  About a month ago I was trying to make an automated way
>(using Perl of course...  ;-}) to add/remove an owner of a list, but I ran
>into that problem.  Does anyone know of a way around this and/or why this
>is the case?

We do not support ad-hoc editing of list files because we cannot guarantee
that they will work properly after you edit them (as documented).  The only
supported methods for editing list files are the documented ones.

>Also just a thought...  Is there a central repository of administration
>scripts?  This could be a good thing to have...

Don't know what you are talking about here unless you are referring to
the various CONTRIB directories on the FTP.LSOFT.COM site.  Some scripts
can also be found in the archives of this list.

Nathan