Valdis Kletnieks <$VK0@CLVM>
Tue, 25 Nov 86 15:17:39 EST
For those of you who are still interested in last week's crisis (as opposed to
whatever it is THIS week :-)....

I have been working on getting the various lists onto a LISTSERV mailing list.
The current status is as follows:

1) [log in to unmask] is fully gated to [log in to unmask]  All done.
2) [log in to unmask] is in the process of being gated to [log in to unmask]
   I have the list built, and have sent a notice to the people on the list.
   If all goes well, I will have it cut over next week.

My hat's off to the moderators of these two digests for being so helpful.

I will be tackling Unix-Wizards next week, I hope.

Now for the BAD news:

I had a mail exchange with Saul Jaffe ([log in to unmask]) concerning
SF-Lovers.  His basic opinion was that he did NOT want to support a
redistribution list, ostensibly because of the problems in tracking down an
error.  When I replied that the WISCVM gate was overloaded and needed help,
his reply was 'Well, redesign tne gate'.  Also, he did not seem to care if by
not creating a redistribution list he made it impossible to send SF-Lovers to
Bitnet subscribers.  I have the mail around if anybody is interested.

Is anybody out there in a position to lean on him and possibly persuade him to
change his mind?

                                   Valdis Kletnieks
                                   Systems Programmer
                                   Clarkson University