Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:24:48 -0500
At 13:38 11/7/97 -0700, you wrote:

|Even after posting the question here and to newsgroups in the news.*
|hierarchy, I can't seem to get a clean answer.  buslib-l and a half dozen
|other lists from idbsu.idbsu.edu were formerly gatewayed to Usenet as
|bit.listserv.listname via AUVM.  WHY am I still getting stuff like this
|when there is no subscription on the list for *@*auvm* or *@*american*
|??   See quoted msg headers below....headers are complete and untouched....

At this point in time, the news->mail gateway at American is simply
forwarding Usenet postings to your moderated list.  The exact same way as
if *I* were to email your list, except I'm a person (yup), and the gateway
isn't.

Time to post to the News Admin at American, which I believe is Paul Walters
<[log in to unmask]> according to:

http://eva.dc.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9706&L=lstown-l&P=R9404

or

|I'd sent mail to [log in to unmask] At Pete's suggestion
|yesterday, I sent more mail to [log in to unmask]

according to

http://eva.dc.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9707&L=lstown-l&P=R107

--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA