Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:14:29 -0400
I don't think he was trying to connect to a database with the interface, but
to configure the site.cfg with the interface which there some button on that
interface who just dont do nothing like the DBMS button :) so we have to go
manually in the file.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Parker
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: DBMS configuration

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:34:33 -0500, Michael DeGregory
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The problem is that when configuring the Listserv advanced options using
the "LISTSERV Configuration" (site.exe) the "DBMS" button will not open the
database properties screen.
>I don't know why that "DBMS" button won't open the database configuration
page.

I'm not sure what you mean.  site.exe will not make any attempt to actually
connect to the database.  It is only for entering the values for the
site.cfg parameters:

 ODBC_DSN
 ODBC_UID
 ODBC_AUTH

required for LISTSERV to connect to a DBMS.  You can also (optionally)
specify the tablename and column names for EMAIL, NAME, and
Subscriber_Options.  A new option (from 14.4 I think) is to specify the
similar values for the CHANGELOG table (for recording bounces or other
Change-Log Data).  But again, site.exe only facilitates entry of static,
already known values.  No attempt is made to actually connect to the DBMS to
read from available tables, columns, etc.