Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 13 Nov 1986 23:24 SET
  The  garbage X-To:  problem is  fixed. Was  hard to  find though.  The packed
format option  for stored  files is  ready but makes  the 1.5d  filelist format
(slightly) incompatible  with that of the  beta-1.5c release, so I  changed the
release number. DISTRIBUTE has been improved to allow:

1) Specification of  a PRIOR= keyword  for RSCS  prior, with default  being set
   according to file size.

2) Specification of INFORM=MAIL to have LISTSERV send a mailfile along with the
   file telling from whom the file came.

3) Possibility to  distribute to a  list without looping (  :-) ). Just  send a
   distribution job with listname@node as recipient as it does it.

4) Possibility to  distribute to the LISTSERV  userid itself; in this  case the
   file is treated as a jobfile.

--> PUT commands will be distributed  this way (automatically, ie under control
    of a Peers= keyword in the filelist header)

Finally, and it took an awful lot  of time, you have a pseudo-NOTEBOOK FILELIST
which you can  GET and to which you  can FUI (but not AFD, would  take too much
CPU), and  you can  issue GET  commands against the  notebooks, and  the owners
can even PUT them!  (eg if they want to edit or delete  them). However once the
notebook is  deleted it cannot  be re-PUT  back. You can  AFD and FUI  to these
notebooks normally, the only difference with real files is once they're deleted
you can't PUT them back. But I've already said that, I realize I'm really tired
and I must get up at 6:30 tomorrow :-(

  Eric