Andrew H Derbyshire <$AHD@CLVM>
Tue, 25 Nov 86 16:44:22 EST
>There was an RSCS mod flying around a while back which helps a little with
>insuring that a file came from where it says it did. (I can't forward a copy of
>the mod, as I never got my copy. If anyone else has it, I still want it.)
>
>The jist of the mod is that it verifies that the sending site, in the RSCS
>header, is possible. In other words, a file coming in on physical link X
>has to have a header from one of the sites reachable on link X.

Eric Thomas wrote the mod.  (How he has time for school, I'll never know.)
If you're interested, you should subscribe to RSCSMODS; LISTSERV@CLVM
is peer for the list.

This mod does not insure the file is valid.  For example, *ALL* BITNET
items come to CLVM via our link to UCONNVM, so a file claiming to have
come from an EARN node could be from Japan for all we know.

Drew Derbyshire