Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Nov 1991 00:02:55 EST
A problem that  is ocurring here with increasing frequency  is that some users
sign up to one or more extremely  busy lists and accumulate hundreds of reader
files from those lists.  This can shut  down listserv, as it should.  Is there
a  way I  can tell  Listserv  not to  distribute  list postings  to people  on
Templevm who have an  excessive number of rdr files?  I would  like to be able
to set a variable to establish such  a limit so that Listserv rejects mailings
to those  who exceed  the specified  number of rdr  files.  Does  such feature
exist now?  If not, how would I go  about writing a patch to the listserv code
to implement this on my own accord?

I am reasonably sure that the mailer agent we use can be configured to enforce
such a limit, however,  I do not have access to it and  those who do would not
be willing to take the initiative to establish a maximum reader file limit.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)