"Juan M. Courcoul" <PP838474@TECMTYVM>
Sun, 5 Mar 89 17:43:53 EDT
I find Geert's suggestions very interesting and, indeed, may serve to
improve the performance, net and user-wise, of the Listservs. Perhaps
some of the operational concepts behind the Netserv chain could be
transported (i.e. the 'country server, regional server' idea, the
automatic updates of system files like XMAILER NAMES, NODUPD's, etc.).
Given that a Listserv backbone already exists and the high level (and
quality) of the software, this shouldn't require an overly gross rework
of the code.

However, the EARN BoD - volunteer war will probably prevent Eric, Jose Maria
and other Listserv experts to be able to devote much time or effort in this
matter. I am truly saddened to see an 'academic' network involving higher
education and research institutions like EARN to become involved in such a
bureaucratic muddle.

Juan