Richard Alan Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Aug 1994 15:00:38 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Jim Gerland - Network User
Support <[log in to unmask]> writes:
|> On Fri, 5 Aug 1994 00:43:35 EDT CAREY CHIN said:
|> >I have an owner of a list who is trying to add subscribers
|> >that have long email addresses that with the add command, the
|> >email address, and the actual name it exceeds 80 charaacters.
|> >Is there a way for him to add such people.
|>
|> Yes ;-)  Tell them to send their own SUB command.
|> Jim...

Will the email interface not take longer than 80 character lines?  The new
version of MailBook, at least, supports letting the user generate mail files
that are wider than 80 characters.  So unless Listserv won't accept them,
the owner should be able to mail those long names with no trouble if he's
using
either my current code or some other mail agent which doesn't limit to 80.

--
Richard