Gary Sponseller <SPONSELL@AKRONVM>
Thu, 8 Dec 88 11:26:49 EST
>L.s.,
>
>does anyone know of some undocumented feature to set the keyword
>ACK really off. I'm a LISTOWNER, and we want to use this special list
>to look like a normal userid.
>So is there any possibility for something like ACK= Off ?

I have privately asked Eric for Ack= None to be valid since I have lists
that I don't want anyone to know are lists by ack messages.

For example, HELPDESK is a list that I want forwarded to two other lists.
Yet, I don't want the originator to see three messages about processing
his/her mail to each list (some users will think that everyone in the
computer center is seeing a dumb question.

Another example, DIRECTOR is a list that is the director and his secretarial
staff (when he's out, someone can cover his mail).  Changes in the staff are
a local concern and all mail to DIRECTOR gets to the right people.

No response from Eric yet...  He's pretty busy these days.

>Thanks and kind regards,
>Frans-Jozef Sprengers

Gary