Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 18:14:16 GMT
On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:40:28 +0000, Alan Thew <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Experiments tell me that the list header only gets "really" updated when I
>PUT the
>list itself rather than when I PUT the relevant KEYWORDS file (like an
>#include in C, I need to "re-compile").
>
>This does not agree with my reading of the site Manager's Operations Guide
>page 56 . The issue I had was the ability of list members to do a REView
>of the list. The changed KEYWORDS file showed up when the list owner
>looked at the list but list members were denied access until I re PUT the
>headers (the KEYWORDS file had Review= owners and I changed this to
>private).

I don't understand specifically what you mean.  PUTing the List Header
(what you may be calling the Keywords file) is essentially instantaneous in
effect.  If the keyword setting was  Review= Owner, then LISTSERV is
working as documented if only the Owner (or Site Admin) can REView the list
and regular members are denied access.

 Ben Parker ..... L-Soft international Inc. ..... [log in to unmask]