Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Sep 2021 06:48:13 -0400
text/plain (24 lines)
> … someone correct me if I’m wrong; but, there’s no way to configure a list to adhere to the
> designation of “to”, “cc”, and “bcc”  correct?
>
> I know when working with SMTP over Telnet, to use a “bcc” you need to define it in the
> RCPT TO: call; but the topic of discussion came up today and we’re finding little to no
> information out there on whether or not this is feasible to turn on.

It sounds like you're expecting LISTSERV to behave like a mail user agent (also called an email client).  LISTSERV is *not* an MUA, it doesn't care about CC: or BCC: fields and will not act upon them in any way.  It only looks for a listname in the TO: field, an author address in the FROM: field, and the sender's address in the SENDER: field.  That's why it will, by default, drop those entirely when distributing list posts.

If you absolutely must preserve the CC: and BCC: fields then you'll need to set all the list subscribers to IETF Headers and LISTSERV will keep them in the messages it distributes to subscribers.  But, it won't send a copy of the list post to any addresses in those fields, unless they also happen to be subscribers, too.  In a similar vein, if a CC: or BCC: recipient tries to Reply-All their message will only be posted to the list if the Send= keyword is configured to allow non-subscribers.

I hope that clarifies the behaviour for you.

-- 
  Michael Shannon
  [log in to unmask]

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2