"Rix, Von" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 14:22:00 PDT
I subscribe to numerous lists and I am the owner of a list server.  We use
MS Mail with MS Mail SMTP gateway and Post.Office for NT as our Mail
Transport Agent (MTA).

I the past when I subscribed to a list the from: or reply: (I'm not sure
which, MS Mail hides most of the header contents) was listed as the
[log in to unmask]  About 6 months ago the from: addresses changed to
[log in to unmask]  All of the messages from the lists now appear
to me as [log in to unmask] except for one, LANMAN-L at

If I remember properly, Eric told me at the time that MS Mail was brain dead
(my words not his) and didn't interpret the from: address correctly.  It
didn't make too much since to me,  just excepted it and went on at the time.

It doesn't make since to me for 3 reasons:
     1) It worked fine at first and we haven't upgraded our MS Mail for 2+
years.
     2) It appeared to me that it happened when people started using the
newest version of listserv 1.8x.
     3) All of them changed except LANMAN-L

Why are they showing up as owner-listname and not as listname?
Why didn't LANMAN-L change when the others did?
Is there a command, setting or file that I can edit on our list server to
have our lists appear as listname instead of owner-listname?
Is there a setting in our MTA to have it change them to listname instead of
owner-listname?

TIA

Von W. Rix
Tri-Service Toxicology Consortium