Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:25:58 +0000
I notice that the listname-subscribe-request mailboxes do not accept
subscriptions from addresses that have no data in the name field. This
seriously hampers the user-friendly purpose of the
listname-subscribe-request mailboxes.  I request that this be revised so
that no-name's will be accepted.

I have widely advertised my list information with the new easy method of
subscribing, only to belatedly discover that many people are being
rejected and are given an automated Listserv response that does not make
clear to novices how to take a further step to actually subscribe. Such
users are likely to not be able to discover other means of contacting
the listowner to seek assistance.

I know that there is a work-around by setting a list to Default-options=
CONCEAL which then does not require that a name field be filled. However
that creates other inconveniences.  I wish that
listname-subscribe-request mailboxes would accept all subscriptions in a
straightforward manner.

-- Roger Burns