Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Feb 1993 16:49:31 EST
 If this response doesn't answer you're questions, then let's continue
 this via private e-mail...

On Mon, 15 Feb 93 13:34:57 EST you said (re: routing of Internet mail):
>LISTSERV is using same DOMAIN NAMES as Mailer using now. I don't know how I
>can modify this on LISTSERV. Could you point out which file I need to modify?

 LISTSERV uses DOMAIN NAMES to decide how to route mail.  If you want to
 change the way it handles Internet mail, you have to change the copy of
 DOMAIN NAMES it looks at.  Alternatively, you can code an exit routine
 (sorry I don't remember the name of the exit) to modify the data in
 DOMAIN NAMES at startup.  Now, if your Mailer service machine is routing
 routing all Internet mail to your local SMTP server without a modified
 DOMAIN NAMES, then I'd guess your running the VM Network Mailer and have
 an MTPLATE file that overrides the things in DOMAIN NAMES, or something
 like that.  But regardless of what your Mailer is doing, you need to
 change DOMAIN NAMES to get your LISTSERV to route domain style names
 differently.

>-hz

 -jj