Sam Richardson Sr <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:46:00 -0400
  Hi,
I want to set up a listserv discussion group for our town - Northfield,
Massachusetts. Our population is about 3000 but I am looking at less
than 200 subscribers the first year and probably a max of 400 for the
next several years. I am computer savvy but do not have a server, etc.
We have a number of people who want us to become a "transition town" and
we have a new college in town - the C.S. Lewis College - a Great Books
and Performing Arts college -  which will have a freshman class of
approximately 100 entering in September 2012. This will have a big
impact on the town and there is a move to be proactive and discuss a
vision of how we want that to look and agree on a design for the town -
that would probably require some changes in the zoning laws. We are a
large rural town - spread out, but also with a pretty-well preserved
historical village.  There is a real need to start some conversations
about our future and I have volunteered to research and moderate a
discussion listserv - probably restricted to town residents and perhaps
some members from neighboring towns - we are part of a 4-town regional
school system.
Can you help?
Please let me know if I can provide further information.
Sam Richardson
64 Highland Avenue
Northfield, MA 01360

413 498 5931