Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:41:07 -0500
You haven't given us enough information yet.  You're also describing
symptoms of multiple problems.

Problem one, messages not stored in archive:  Does your list header
include a NOTEBOOK keyword? What parameters are given for that keyword?
Have you verified appropriate permissions for the notebook path?

Problem two, messages don't get delivered: This could be a configuration
issue with the particular list, or with something in LISTSERV at the
system level, or with something on the outbound message handler LISTSERV
is configured to use for delivery.

How much experience do you have with LISTSERV administration?  What
messages ARE in the LISTSERV log around the time when a message was sent
that didn't get delivered or stored? For example, a line about an
incoming message being processed.

I don't know much Linux but there are others on the list who can go into
great detail, once more information is provided about your situation.