Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 11:48:47 MST
On Thu, 17 Aug 1995 12:09:32 CDT Landy Manderson said:
>Actually, I keep hoping there is some way we could get all our lawyers
>together to file a class action suit against one of these bozos, to recoup
>the combined costs of reading, storing and coping with their drivel.
>Hit one for a million dollars to divide up amongst us, and maybe it would
>teach the rest a lesson.

   Come on guys, lets get real.  Assuming you could get a team of lawyers
in different states to work together and do this....and assuming it
worked.....and you actually collected a million bucks....how much would
go to fees and costs?  About US$999,990, which would leave each of us
less than enough for coffee, much less a beer.

   And the assumptions above are pretty unrealistic.  What makes you think
that Slaton has more than pocket change?  If he did, he'd do a real and
effective marketing plan instead of wasting his time pissing off a few
million people who would now refuse to buy a new Porsche from him if he
were offering it for ten dollars.

cyclops

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     WWW: http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 How can one fool make another wise?
  208-385-1235                        Kansas, "No One Together," 1979