Fri, 22 May 1998 16:18:02 EDT
In certain lists hosted here (all with SEND= EDITOR, EDITOR= (list)),
we've experienced some hit-&-run posting -- [log in to unmask] will
subscribe, post something generally nasty, and immediately signoff.

One of our subscribers suggests that all new subscriptions be set NOPOST
by default for 30 days to prevent such occurrences and also to allow new
readers to serve an apprenticeship, thereby avoiding uninformed or
otherwise inappropriate postings due to inexperience.

Can anyone suggest a mechanism (beyond DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST) that can
implement such a scheme without the list owner having to keep manual
records of subscription dates?  What would help with this and a lot of
other matters is a user exit to allow local processing of new
subscriptions.
                                           /bec