Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:22:06 -0500
On 3 Feb 2007 at 14:08, Stephen C. Nill wrote:

> I'm in the process of building a form that will send email commands
> to LISTSERV, under the maintainer role and password.
>
> I'd like to "turn off" the ability of anyone but the list maintainer
> to send an email command to LISTSERV. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Trying to read between the lines, I'm guessing that the reason you
want to turn this off is that you want subscribers to have to go
through the web form. Am I guessing correctly?

If that is correct, you might want to take a look at Maestro. Maestro
lets you build lists that are unknown to LISTSERV (and therefore not
subject to email commands sent to LISTSERV), but only kept within
Maestro, and Maestro provides its own subscriber web forms. The web
forms are customizable, so you can get them to blend seamlessly with
your web site. If you want, you can actually mix LISTSERV lists and
Maestro "HRLs" (Hosted Recipient Lists) and have both types
accessible from the subscriber web form.

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp