"Scott Mattes" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Apr 1992 16:44:28 EST
On Thu, 16 Apr 1992 12:38:29 EDT Greg Kroll said:
>On Wed, 15 Apr 1992 12:26:30 EST Scott Mattes said:
>>...deleted...
>>
>>  How do I use the PUT command?  I want to take a file on my disk,
>>transmit it via TCPIP to a list I am now part 'owner' of and stash it so
>>that others on the list can retreive it.
>
>Scott,
>
>  I hope this isn't overkill, but I wrote the following for someone using
>our LISTSERV here at Virginia Tech.  I welcome comments and criticisms
>from all.  Hope you find it useful.

Greg Kroll,
  I found it useful, but the LISTSERV is still saying something is
wrong.  The list owner is not getting any help from the local listserv
owner.

  Here is what I got back, any idea what I messed up on?  Thanks!

--------------------8<-----------------------------------
> PUT veggie recipes1 granola PW=xxxx "TITLE=Vegetarian recipes on GRANOLA"
This is not the proper way to store files - you must send your request along
with the  replacement file, placing the  PUT command in the  first record of
the file (before the data you want  to store). Another possibility is to use
the LSVPUT user interface, if you are running VM/CMS.

==

Scott       | No success can compensate for failure in the home. David O. McKay
Mattes      | President 1951-70, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints