"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Sat, 17 Sep 88 23:44:26 GMT
I almost fell from my chair when I saw this benchmark. Oh well, we have to
live with what IBM gives us right?

SET LANGUAGE ELISABETHAN
Pr'ythee; T=0.01/0.01 23:46:17
UNFOLD REXXPERF SCROLL

Loth am I to bring these sorrowful tidings to the Council of the Knights of
LISTSERV. Our Lord Merciful (be His Holy Law abided by for aeons
multitudineous) hath, in His infinite Wisdom, brought, once more, his Divine
Blessing to the "Free Storage Management Routines" in Release 5.5 of CMS. Alas,
alas, alas, the Dark Knights of Endicott did not heed the motherly advice of
Lady Performance, nor did our Lord Merciful require of them to abide by the
Sacred Oath of Service. Thus were Lady Performance and her maids, in their
pristine grace, maimed again by the Dark Knights of Endicott, and we shall once
more mourn the loss of Them who suffer in their flesh from the foolishness of
mortals and shall never be reborn.

Pr'ythee; T=0.01/0.01 23:46:19
SET LANGUAGE TERSE
Death-to-OCO; T=0.01/0.01 23:46:22
TYPE SUPER55 MEMO

The following EXEC takes 73% more CPU time to execute under CMS 5.5 than
under CMS4. Be sure to buy a serious CPU upgrade when you install CMS 5.5 if
you plan to run REXX production code like LISTSERV or NETSERV.

>>> File: SUPER55 EXEC
/* Benchmark to exercise CMS 5.5 free storage management */
 a = ''
 Do 1000
    a = a 'xy'
    Push Left(Left(a,255),80)