Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:07:54 -0400
Well the way we use Listserv is with a mail-merge DBMS backend, so the email
list come from a DB table and I want the bounced to be in a DB table also so
I can clean my email list table from bounced Email. So are you telling me
the only way I can re-direct the bounced email is with the header
Return-path?

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Loftis
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 3:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bounced Email

--On March 20, 2006 3:05:06 PM -0400 Bruno Robichaud
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

No this just updates the non-standard Errors-To: header which *NOONE*
should be using but some incompetent programmers have made their software
to use or prefer.  There are NO headers that should affect where error
bounces go, but due to blatantly incompetent programmers who haven't read a
single RFC and who are unable to even write bounce processing anyway.
Lotus/IBM/Domino Notes, this means you.

As was mentioned in your before quoted reply, the return path is really
only malleable from DISTRIBUTE jobs directly.  Why do you want to do your
own bounce processing anyway?  You'll not do as good a job as ListServ.