Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:39:48 -0500
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 01:53:44PM +0100, Xander Jansen
([log in to unmask]) said:
[much snippage]
> 1) How and where to fold ?
>
> In RFC822bis folding is more or less restricted to putting a CRLF in front
> of a 'whitespace-char', so just a CRLF is inserted, no extra spaces or
> tabs to make a nicely formatted header (which seems to be the problem in
> this case). Furthermore it is recommended to do so only between
> syntactical elements, i.e. not within for example quoted strings used in
> parameters for things like Content-Type: etc., just to prevent problems
> like above.

Incidentally, this thread has caused me to go read some of the RFCs
associated with MIME, and I find it sort of darkly amusing that one of
the sample boundaries in RFC 1341 is wrapped in the example using it.

Although it doesn't seem to be wrapped right.

--
Jim Toth