Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:25:20 -0500
I strongly recommend that anyone with a heavily customized site read
the new customization guide. I believe that some of your problems
have to do with the fact that your customizations were getting in the
way of new features.

While we made a big effort to see to it that the user interface would
remain functional even with customizations, there was no way to have
new functions present in existing customizations (with the new
modular interface design, that will be less of a problem in the
future), and some of your customizations may be incompatible with new
features.

One of the things we did was to make static web templates obsolete,
so that there would not be the confusion anymore about static vs
dynamic templates. But of course, if you had some static web
templates customized, we made sure your customizations would continue
to work. I suspect your "Log in" option was on such a static page,
which by definition, is not dynamic and therefore does not change
when you log in. I recommend moving the static customizations to the
new dynamic versions so that you can benefit from the new features.

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp