Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:36:41 -0400
At 16:19 07/19/2000 Wednesday, Kathy Montgomery wrote:
>Section 17.3.2 of the Site Mgr's Manual (0005-MD-01) says about the
>ALL-REQUEST alias:
>
>"If you need to communicate with all of the list owners on your server,
>simply write to the special ALL-REQUEST alias. ALL-REQUEST is expanded
>by LISTSERV to include all list owners of all the lists on your server."

The little bit that I have made use of it, I have determined that:

1) not all list-owners "know" that they are list-owners e.g., a fellow list-owner may have added their friends/collegues w/o permission; or they forgot

2) make sure that the salutation clarifies who the recipients are and why they are receiving the post

3) make sure they don't REPLY back to ALL-REQUEST, esp. if in-appropriate/mistake, but to contact the FROM: directly

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State