"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 15:33:19 EDT
   A lot  of people make  noise about AOL people  being dumb.  A  lot of
people also feel  that the internet is theirs and  how dare normal human
beings get accounts  and use the Internet.  These are  the dumb people -
wasting their  time complaining about  others because they  are insecure
about their own place in the world.  It's simple: computers are not just
for super smart and rich people any more.

   AOL is one of the best providers  of error messages - just look (here
we go  again) at those  gee-whiz-bang un*x  systems (you know,  the ones
that have  those unchangeable 4-hour  warning messages) who  need people
with degrees  to program them  (when they are  not crashing for  this or
that).

   Give me  AOL anyday - with  someone who actually reads  what we write
and tries to do something about it AND instructs their users on what not
to do to upset people on the net.  At least they try, which is more than
I can say  for some Universities and Companies that  just close ranks if
you even boo at them from 25 miles away ...

   AOL  has more  users  (and  thus will  send  more  bounces) than  any
University I know of.

   Bill is right ...  and we should give 'em a break!

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**   ListOwner: AIRLINE, NODEINFO, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List   **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **