Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Dec 1992 12:23:35 EST
I'm going to begin slowly transforming the old <listname> MAILFORM files
for subscription notices to the much easier (on me) <listname> WELCOME
method, as announced in the release notes for 1.7e.  Problem is I
cannot get it to work.  Here is what I have done.

1) removed the old <listname> MAILFORM file from LISTSERV's 191 disk.
2) placed an entry for the <listname> WELCOME file in the <listname>
   FILELIST file.
3) I then tried:
   a) saving the <listname> WELCOME file as a normal FILELIST file which
      means it was placed on the <listname> CMS userid.
   b) saving the <listname> WELCOME file on LISTSERV's 191 disk.

Neither method in 3 above will give me the expected results.  When I move
to another userid and subscribe to this list I still get the default
subscription notice (welcome message) from the $DEFAULT MAILFORM file.
What am I doing wrong?

One other question that I suspect Eric will have to answer is; is it possible
to use the <listname> WELCOME method for a list which has no disk space?
Can the <listname> WELCOME file be put on LISTSERV's 191 disk, along with
a FILELIST for this list?  I suspect the answer is no because this would
mean those owner's could put other files on LISTSERV's 191 disk, which
is, of course, a big no-no.

--Greg Kroll