Undetermined origin c/o Postmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Apr 1992 12:08:23 EDT
     I am having a bit of a problem with error mail getting to the owner of a
list.  The owner field of the list looks like

      Owner= [log in to unmask]

However, when error mail gets created to be sent to the owner, the address
gets translated to

     The problem is that foo.bar is an IBM workstation running AIX 3.1, and
the userid is in lowercase; when mail for the user comes in with the userid
in uppercase, it gets bounced because there is no userid of USER (uppercase
userid).  AIX is keeping the userid uniquely lowercase (correct behavior).

     Question:  is there any way to have LISTSERV preserve the case of the
userid that the error mail is being sent to?  Any help or suggestions would be
appreciated.

Rich

PS. I am running 1.7b, VM/XA 2.1, and MAILER 2.08.