Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:31:02 -0400
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Kathy Montgomery wrote:
>
> > Has anyone here successfully implemented a system of list
> > expiration/renewal at their site?

Since we have a lot of class lists, we allow owners to specify an
expiration date when the list is created: this goes into the list
headers, so it is easily scanned for.  I've got a perl script that
notifies me of any lists that have expired.

We also track inactive lists and remove them after a year or so. I
extract the number of posts to various lists from the listserv logs
daily, so the activity of lists without archives can be determined.
Haven't yet got a script to report on this: I did a really good
cleanup when  we moved off VM a few months ago, so it'll be a while
before I need to do it again.

Also interested in hearing what other folks are doing in this area...

--
***Jean Snow                                           [log in to unmask] ***
*** UCNS Server Systems/Postmaster/Listserv Admin                   ***