Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Wed, 12 Nov 86 12:56:36 CST
Ross...

If a package needs some general purpose utility programs, such as assembler
language subroutine modules for programs in REXX, I assume you would include
them in the package as well.

Q1:  If <N> packages referred to  XYZ MODULE  would you have just 1 copy
     of  XYZ MODULE  on disk?

Q2:  If a package needs to use some other package, such as a collection of
     subroutines, will it be necessary to reference individual files, or
     would we want to reference whole packages.

Q3:  If a referenced file or package has a different owner, and that owner
     makes an incompatible change, should we provide for a means so that
     the old version of a referenced file or package is retained, and the
     reference remains fixed until the owner of the referencing package
     switches the reference to the new version of the referenced file after
     verifying it works?

Q4:  Will packages be transmitted in batch, such as DISK DUMP or CARD DUMP,
     as individual files, as in NETDATA, or by some other means?