Detlef Beyer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:52:21 -0500
Howdy,

we just finished the installation of listserv and found that there are
several mail-templates that are hard-coded into listserv 1.8d. So it's
impossible to get a completly localized version of listserv and that very sad
for a professional environment. At least L-Soft should write a big warning
into the documentation that listserv is not a product to be used outside of
an English speaking country! I would consider this as a major bug in Listserv
and we had some tough discussion with our customer because of that.

Also I don't like that there is no way to change the from address "L-Soft
list server at XYZ" - copyright should be placed somewere else (for Listserv
light it's ok). This again is a real show-stopper!

Hopefully there will be an LSMTP version on other plattforms then WindozeNT -
I wouldn't consider NT as a professional plattform for a server solution and
if I install Listserv on a Unix server I loose the Mail-merge functionality
and that's also a big, big problem.

Last but not least the documentation of the TCPGUI interface is much too
short giving close to no informations to the developers.

Best,

Detlef