Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:21:41 -0500
On 7 Mar 2006 at 10:22, Michael Loftis wrote:

> We've no interest in doing *anything* related to email marketing, that's
> most of the point.

BTW, even though LISTSERV Maestro is being marketed as an email
marketing tool, IMO its appeal is much broader. It's good for anyone
who sends out newsletters, announcements, and any other type of one-
way email communication. For example, for universities: announcements
to students or faculty and alumni newsletters; for newspapers and
radio stations: daily news headlines; and so on: these are not really
email marketing, but they can all be made more effective through
Maestro.

It's also good for LISTSERV sites of any type that want to use more
data than just the email address and name, or want more flexibility
for topics.

Every time I see a statement like that, relegating Maestro to an
email marketing niche, it makes me cringe.
Maybe because I'm not a marketer and as a die-hard geek, "marketing"
is almost a dirty word :-) (And being a proper lady, I don't approve
of dirty words ;-) )

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html