Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:47:38 EST
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:39:25 -0600 David Young said:
>In a couple of week, I am going to move my Listserv machine from NT 3.51
>Workstation to NT 4.0 Server.  I'm running Listserv 1.8c and LSMTP 1.1a.
>Has anyone done this?  Is there anything I should watch out for in doing
>this?  Thanks.

You should just make sure to install service pack 3 as the base level
NT 4.0 has some rather egregious bugs in it which can affect LISTSERV.

Hmm, one NT bug I don't think has been fixed:  Sometimes LISTSERV will
crash when stopped, but you can ignore that (it literally happens 3
instructions from the end of the program and does not affect anything).
This is due to a bug in the NT 4.0 TCP/IP stack as far as we can tell.

There is also a gotcha if you install the NT 4.0 Option Pack (which includes
IIS 4.0) over your existing IIS installation (if you use IIS, of course).
See http://www.lsoft.com/lsv-faq.html#Sect22 for details.

Nathan