Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 12:55:37 +0200
On    Fri,   8    Sep   1995    00:22:37   -0400    Mark   L    Hunnibell
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>I asked  what would happen  if someone happened to  send a message  to a
>list with 73 equal signs in the body of their message. They told me that
>LISTSERV  would move  it over  one  or something  like that  so that  it
>wouldn't be misinterpreted.  This may be a recent  revision to LISTSERV,
>but I found  several messages in my  source LOG files that  had 73 equal
>signs starting in the left column.

It's actually not that recent, but it  hasn't been this way from day one.
The  KIDLINK lists  have been  around for  a quite  a while  and I'm  not
surprised  to  hear that  some  of  the  archives  have the  problem  you
describe. I thought you were talking about new lists on your PC.

>The *other*  (very strange) thing  I found  were three entries  from the
>archives in  1991 that had  *72* equal signs,  followed by a  space, and
>then a number, like so:

That's  something RiceMail  does. If  someone ever  edited the  logs with
RiceMail, that's what you'd get.

  Eric