Brad Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 16:17:20 -0400
Your message dated: Thu, 08 May 1997 16:07:42 EDT

> - I merely object to rejecting mail based on a source route appearing in the
>   MAIL From: command.

    Object all you want.  It was already a "SHOULD NOT generate"
in RFC 1123 (over six years ago), and the practice is becoming more
and more deprecated as the days go by.

    If you want to guarantee that entire world will always be 100%
backwards compatible, I guess that means that you'd better travel
back in time a few years and keep them from inventing this thing
called "fire".  Or the "wheel", for that matter.

    Alternatively, invest in Microsoft.  When they own the world (and
you are compelled to accept ActiveX applets when they push them down
to your brain), everything will be guaranteed to be 100% compatible.

--
Brad Knowles                                MIME/PGP: [log in to unmask]
    Senior Unix Administrator              <http://www.his.com/~brad/>